What goals are on your radar? What is something that you want to accomplish? What actions are you taking right now in order to meet those goals?
I don’t know about you, but I have some ideas floating around that I find myself thinking “that would be nice to accomplish, but…” The excuses are so easy to come by! That’s how I was with this whole weight loss thing.. UNTIL I MADE A DECISION TO TAKE ACTION! I’ll tell you, I wasn’t excited about not being able to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. The process of adopting habits of saying “no” seemed impossible. Keeping a food journal, forget about it!
But then there was the other side of me that really felt desperate to not groan at what I was seeing in the mirror. I wanted to stop feeling embarrassed about being the personal trainer who didn’t even look like she was following what she preached. I felt a little bit like a fraud, and often told myself the adage “you can’t trust a skinny baker, so how can you trust…well, me.” I know, I know. I do preach being kind to yourself. And I really do believe in the importance of it.
The decision to take action came first.
I’ve been thinking, lately, about how awesome momentum towards goal achievement feels. It’s gratifying, enabling, and highly motivating to have measurable progress behind me.
I want the same thing for you. Is weight loss on your radar? Or perhaps building muscle? Maybe it’s making healthier nutrition habits that you’d like to create. Maybe you’re hindered by self doubt, or some other excuse? If this is the case, I want to urge you to simply decide today to make the change.
Sometimes the motivation to meet our goals doesn’t even come until we have started forming the habits that we believe we should be forming. So start with the decision to act. Align your actions with your goals. Then watch as you make progress. Progress is motivating, so work towards progress! You’ve got this! If you want to read more on this, check out this site here
Alright, I’m excited to show you where I am in my progress. I’m 17 weeks into my weight loss adventure. I had about a month there where I had my pre-vacation + vacation+ adapting to real life pause from weight loss. But I’m back on a weight loss trajectory! Here it is…
End of Week 17 Before and After Pictures: Check out that Florida tan!
Week 17 Food Journal:
I’m going to plant yesterday’s food journal screenshots here. I chose to go with yesterday’s, because it was the first day in weeks where I felt like I was finally in a groove of eating within my strategy without having a hankering for some non-strategic food item. Even when the hankering showed up, it didn’t feel like my heart was breaking to say “no”. I killed it with my veggie intake, making one of my veggie smoothies and sipping on it throughout the day. This allowed me to consume most of my daily nutrient needs through food intake, before adding in my multi-vitamin and iron supplements.
Bioelectrical Impedance Results: Week 17
My total body weight: 130.5 lbs. (Decrease of 2 pounds since week 16. Total decrease of 12.4 lbs. since start date).
Breaking my total body weight down into different categories of body composition:
- Total Body water: 78.9 lbs (Decrease of 0.5 lbs. since last week. Total of 1.1 lbs. increase since start date).
- Dry lean mass: 29.3 lbs. (Decrease of 0.2 lbs. since last week. Increase of 0.2 lbs. since first weigh in. Remember that this includes muscle, organs, and bone minus any fluid)
- Body fat mass: 22.3 lbs. (This was a 1.3 lb. decrease from last week. Total of 13.2 lbs. of fat lost since start date!)
- Skeletal muscle mass: 61.1 lbs (Decrease of 0.3 lbs. from last week. Increase of .8 lbs since first weigh in).
- BMI: 22.4 (Decrease of 0.3 from last week. Total decrease of BMI is 2.1 since start date)
- Body fat percentage: 17% (This decreased by .8% from last week. Total of 7.8% decrease in body fat percentage since start date.)
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1431 calories (This decreased by 6 calories.)
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE): 2225 calories
- Calorie target goal for weight loss: 1600 calories (May increase by upwards of 300 on days that I burn over 600 calories)
Week 17 Measuring Tape Results:
- Right calf (measured at widest part): 14 1/4 inches (Same as last week, and down 2 1/2 inches from first measurement)
- Right thigh (measured at widest part): 21 3/8 inches (Same as last week, and down 1 1/2 inches from first measurement)
- Hips (measured at widest part): 36 7/8 inches (Down 1/8 inch from last week, Down 6 1/8 inches from first measurement)
- Butt (measured at widest part): 36 inches (Down 1/4 inch from last week. Down 3 5/8 inches from first measurement.)
- Right below my muffin top: 32 3/8 inches (Down 1/8 inch from last week, and down 2 3/4 inches from first measurement)
- Waistline (measured across belly button): 32 3/8 inches (Down 1/8 inch from last week, and down 2 7/8 inches from first measurement)
- Chest (measured at widest part): 36 5/8 inches (Same as last week. Down 11/8 inch from first measurement.)
- Shoulders (measured at widest part): 39 5/8 inches (Same as last week. Down 7/8 inch from first measurement)
- Biceps: (measured at widest part): 10 5/8 inches (Down 1/4 inch from last week, and down 7/8 inch from first measurement).
This is what my workouts looked like:
My gym opened back up at 5:00 am, and there might not be words sufficient to express how happy I am about this! 5:00 a.m. is my favorite workout time! This being the case, I’ve been able to up my activity level by an extra 45-60 minutes most days! It’s a win-win situation because extra workouts means that I can eat a little extra food and still lose weight!
It’s nice to see the weight loss progress under way again. It’s been two weeks since we’ve been home from vacation, and although my actions haven’t been 100% perfect, they’ve been consistent enough to help me make progress. This week I lost a half pound of water weight, and almost a pound and a half of fat. The measuring tape is showing some areas decreasing, as well. It feels really motivating to have the momentum continuing in the trajectory of weight loss. I’m excited to stick to my strategy, and see what next week brings!
Experience the new found confidence in yourself! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Food Journal Entries From the Rest of the Week:
Friday, April 23
Saturday, April 24
Sunday, April 25
Monday, April 26
Tuesday, April 27
weight loss goals weight loss goals weight loss goals weight loss goals